Want to be a Sleeping Beauty? Follow these simple tips below to help improve your skin:
- Sleep on a satin or silk pillowcase. This fabric will soften fine lines and wrinkles because it causes less friction between your skin and the pillowcase.
- Sleep on your back. Sleeping on your back can help prevent wrinkles as repeated pressure on the skin causes creasing and eventually set-in lines. One may have more wrinkles on the side of the face they sleep most on. Use two pillows to help avoid fluid retention around the eyes.
- Go to bed with a clean face. Remove all makeup before bed to avoid your pores from clogging which can lead to breakouts.
- Moisturize!! Use your serums and moisturizers every night before bed. A serum with hyaluronic acid attracts water into the skin and helps smooth wrinkles. These products work great at night during the “repair cycle of the skin”.
- Change your pillowcase. Change as often as 2 times per week so that your skin is not resting on top of bacteria for 8 hours.
- Sleep with humidifiers on. We all know drinking water is good for the skin. Using a humidifier at night will keep you hydrated especially during the winter months.
- Avoid super-salty foods and alcohol before bedtime. Salty foods and alcohol lead to dehydration. To compensate your body starts collecting fluids around the eyes resulting in that dreaded puffy eye look.
- Wear your hair in a bun, but not super tight. This will keep your hairs natural oils from impacting your skin complexion.
Latest posts by Heather Linehan (see all)